See also: How to Connect TV with Samsung Galaxy S3
With the Galaxy SIII you can even set your own Wi-Fi hotspot that will allow you to share your internet connection with other devices that have Wi-Fi connection, such as a laptop, tablet, etc..
Image Credit: support.bell.ca
How to set portable Wi-Fi hotspot?
As always you can do almost anything with this phone easily, including how to set Wi-Fi hotspot. As written on the forum at techhotfix.com, here are the simple steps you need to do:
- Go to Apps through Galaxy SIII Home screen.
- Scroll down until you find Settings, then tap on it.
- Tap on More Settings.
- Tap on Tethering and portable hotspot.
- Tap on Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Press the Configure button located on the bottom right of the screen.
- Delete the existing text on the Network SSID field and enter a new name for your hotspot.
- Tap on Password then delete the existing password and enter your new password.
- Press on the Save button to save your changes.
- Turn portable Wi-Fi hotspot on by sliding the switch next this option.
- Finish. Now your portable Wi-Fi hotspot is active and your others Wi-Fi capable devices can connect it.
Well, it's easy, right? By using your Galaxy SIII as Wi-Fi hotspot you will be able to share your internet connection with up to five other Wi-Fi capable devices. So, try this useful feature then share your experience here through the comment below :)