- Make sure your phone is not in the silent mode, check this by going to Settings> Sound> Ensure the Silent mode is turned off.
- Make sure you have ticked the Notification option under Messaging app settings.
- Make sure you have ticked the Email Notification option under your Email account settings.
- Make sure you have adjusted the volume so you can hear the tone of an incoming message or email, check this by going to Settings> Sound> Volume> adjust the Notifications volume bar to the right to increase of the volume.
- Check whether you have enabled blocking mode on your phone, check this by going to Settings> Blocking Mode> (if blocking mode is enabled) then make sure the Disable notifications option is not checked .
See also : How to Customize Option on Blocking Mode on Samsung Galaxy S3
- If your Samsung Galaxy SIII running with the Android Jelly Bean, make sure you have checked Show Notifications in Messaging app and Email app. Do this thing by going to Settings> Application Manager> Go to the app (Messaging and email)> tick the box next to Show Notifications.
Well, these are six common things that may cause your phone doesn't play the tone when receiving an incoming message or email. However, if you own another tip and trick to solve this problem and it's not listed here, then you can share it through the comments below :)