See also: How to load music from Kies with Samsung Galaxy S3
For beginners to connect the two devices it may be a little bit tricky, but by following the guidelines below you can do it all with ease.
Image Credit: best-tablet-converter.com
How to connect to a PC?
As written on technipages.com, in order to make your phone connect with your computer, you need to follow the simple steps below:
- First of all, if you are Windows user you should download the USB driver for the Galaxy SIII and install it to your computer. While if you are a Mac user you do not need to install any drivers or software.
- Connect these two devices using a micro USB cable.
- On your phone's screen the prompt will appear informing you that you have connected to the computer.
- Drag down the notification area and select the option you want to use for your device. The options include:
- Connected as a media device -> Media device (MTP) -> Use this option if you want Windows Explorer or Mac Finder manually transfer files between PC and your phone or if you want to utilize Windows Media Player.
- Connected as a media device -> Camera (PTP) -> Use this option if you want to use your phone as a camera.
In addition, you can also use Samsung's Kies software to help you when the phone is connected to your computer. You can get Samsung's Kies software free through Samsung website. Once you have installed it on your computer, then it will run automatically whenever your phone is connected to the computer. And the good news is that this software is compatible with both Windows and Mac computer. So, try this useful methods and share your experience here through the comment below :)