How to share media files using the nearby devices feature?
You can do so by using the following steps:
- On any screen, swipe down the top of the screen to open up the notification panel and then tap at the top right to go to the settings menu.
- With the settings menu is displayed in grid view, scroll down to the Connect and share section and then tap Nearby devices .
- If Nearby devices is off, tap the ON/OFF switch to turn it on. You'll see this icon is displayed on the status bar as a sign that the nearby devices feature is enabled.
- If needed, you can select which media files you want to share with by tapping Shared contents and then select Videos, Photos or Music and then tap OK button to save the changes.
- Now, other nearby devices that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network can access or download media files that you have chosen to be shared. As the example, if the nearby device is a Samsung Galaxy S phone then your shared photos can be accessed from the Gallery app in that device.