See also: How to Download Free Ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S3
After you've downloaded the music you want to be used as ringtones, usually you will put the file in music or ringtone folder. Well, with a little help from a certain application you could be taking the music from any folder and set it as your ringtone.
Image Credit: androidtapp.com
Currently there are many free app that you can use to help you set your own ringtone, one of them is Rings Extended. With this application, you have no longer to put the music files you want to make ringtone in a particular folder.
How to use Rings Extended to pick up the music files from any folder to set as a ringtone?
As written on webcazine.com, in order to make you able to pick your favorite music that will set as a ringtone from any folder on your phone, then you need to follow the steps below:
- Download install Rings Extended 1.4.1 through Google Play Store.
- Once you've installed it, go to Settings-> Sound-> Device ringtone.
- Here you should see the Complete action using prompt.
- Select Rings Extended then tap on Just once.
- On Rings Extended screen, you will see a number of options that you can use to determine from anywhere you can get a music file. Some of the options available include:
- Built-in ringtones-> This option will list the music files that you store in the Ringtones folder.
- Media ringtone-> This option will list the music files that are found in all the folders in your phone.
- Here you can also see the option to get a music file from the file manager you have installed on your phone, dropbox, etc..
- Once you choose the option you will use, then you will be Able to pick music that you want to be a ringtone.
Besides being used for ringtones, this apps also can be used for notifications and individual app notification. And the good thing is though these apps are free you will not find any ads inside it. So, try this useful app on your phone then share your experience here through the comment below :)