Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Turn On or Off Your Caller Identification

The nice thing when you have the Samsung Galaxy SIII as your device is that you can set almost everything inside it to suit your need with ease. One of them is that you can block unknown or unwanted incoming call by adding them on your rejection list.

See also: How to Block Unknown or Unwanted Calls on Samsung Galaxy S3

In addition to reject a certain number that you do not want to call you, you can also hide your own caller identification. By turn this feature on, your caller id will be hidden, so the person that you call can not know your id. For example, when you want to ask about a discount at a store without wanting they know your telephone number to prevent their marketing re-contact you to promotions or offers goods.

Image Credit: vodacom.co.za


How to hide your caller id?
As written on vodafone.co.uk, to turn on this feature on your Galaxy SIII, kindly following the easy steps below:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Phone, then tap on it.
  3. Press the Menu Key.
  4. On the pop-up menu that appear, select Call Settings.
  5. Select Additional settings.
  6. At the setting that displayed, tap on the Caller ID.
  7. Select Hide number to turn on this features.
  8. Finish. Now your caller id will be hidden when you make a call.

How to show your caller id?
From the same source, to unhide your hidden caller id again, here are the steps you need to do:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Phone, then tap on it.
  3. Press the Menu Key.
  4. On the pop-up menu that appear, select Call Settings.
  5. Select Additional settings.
  6. At the setting that displayed, tap on the Caller ID.
  7. Select Show number to turn off this features.
  8. Finish. Now your caller id will be displayed again when you make a call.

Well, it's easy and simple to do, right? By knowing on how to setup your own caller identification, now you can set it as your wish and need. So, try this useful feature and share your experience here through the comment below :)

18 comments:

  1. when i go to additional setting the only thing that pops up is noise reduction not caller id. How do i get to caller id lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam Mcclooney,
      Thanks for coming here.
      Yes, you right. Some of carrier was disabling advanced call setting on their phone(such as call waiting, call barring, etc) and the users will only see noise reduction option available there. I don't know why, may anybody here told us something about this.

      Delete
  2. i have set my caller ID to 'show' but yet my outgoing calls are all private numbers... I had the same problem with the SII, so is it my sim card??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brid Whelan,
      Thanks for coming.
      FYI, some carriers sometimes provide their users with a specific code to hide or show caller ID. So, there are two solutions that can be used for your issue:
      1. Try selecting "Network default" instead of "Show number" option in the Caller ID menu.
      2. Ask your network provider whether you need to show your caller ID by using a specific code.

      Delete
  3. I have a S3 however when I go to the call setting option it does not have an additional setting option?

    How can I unblock my number?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamar Gersaba,
      Thanks for coming.
      Can you please tell me your model number?
      FYI, in some carriers (e.g: Verizon) some options (e.g: caller ID, Call barring, etc) in the call settings are not available.

      Delete
    2. I has same issue and I have Sprint. SPH-L710 Android version 4.4.2

      I thought I had this turned on before.

      Delete
  4. I do not have an "additional settings" option on my SIII Android Version 4.4.2. Caller ID is automatically blocked, and I wish to disable this. Is there any way to find additional settings if they're hidden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah,
      Thanks for coming.
      FYI, in some model numbers, the "additional settings" in the Phone app settings is unavailable. Other way, you can call your service provider to change the caller ID settings.

      Delete
  5. Like others I do not have the “additional setting” available in my Galaxy iii but here’s what’s written in the manual, hope this helps.
    Caller ID: If you do not want your number displayed when you make a call, follow these steps.
    1. Press home key and tap phone .
    2. Tap the Keypad tab to display the onscreen dialer.
    3. Tap . * 6 7
    1. Enter a phone number and then tap phone.
    To permanently block your number, call Sprint Customer Service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don Whalen,
      Thanks for coming and share this useful information here. I really appreciate it.
      I believe that it'll be useful for other Sprint S3 users :)

      Delete
  6. I used to have additional settings for caller id on my s3, but they have disappeared. What happened???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wildturkey,
      Thanks for coming.
      Did you make any change before encountering this issue?
      From what I know, in some model numbers of Samsung Galaxy S3, the additional settings menu is not available.
      However, you can alternatively change the Caller ID settings by using a code that you can get from your mobile service provider.

      Delete
  7. Hi rehan
    I find to make calls few times and other times iam not able to as a message pops up as conditional call forwarding active and call dis connects

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a s3 sch-i535 Verizon kitkat 4.4.2 and I can't find my caller I'd setting to block or unblock can I have some help please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lenny Fox,
      Thanks for coming.
      From what I know, the default option to show/block caller ID in the sch-i535 is not available.

      However, there are two ways that you can do to block your caller ID:
      1. Press *67 before you dial your call.
      2. If you want to block your Caller ID on all of your outgoing calls, you can set that up through your Verizon account.

      Delete
  9. I want to disable caller id on my phone it keeps saying its stopping and wont let me make calls what do I do??///

    ReplyDelete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)