Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Enable or Disable Ripple Effect

By using the Samsung Galaxy SIII you can do many things with it and customize it as your wish and needs. One of the things inside it that you can customize is its lock screen. You can change its background image, determine which way you like to unlock the screen up to change shortcuts on the lock screen.

See also: How to Customize Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy S3

In addition to the above, with Samsung Galaxy SIII you can also enjoy water sound or commonly referred as ripple effect when you unlocking or tapping the screen.

Image Credit: androidmuscle.com


How to turn on or off ripple effect on lock screen?
As written on droid-life.com, to customize water sound on your Galaxy SIII lock screen you just need to follow the steps below:
  1. Go to Settings through Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Security, then tap on it.
  3. Find Ripple effect option at the bottom, check this option to enable it and uncheck this option to disable it.

How to turn on or off the ripple effect when tapping the screen?
From the same source, to customize this sound, kindly following the steps below:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Settings, then tap on it.
  3. Tap on Sound.
  4. Tick on the checkbox next to Touch sounds and Screen lock sound to enable it and remove the tick on both these option to disable it.

Well, by knowing on how to enable or disable the ripple effect on your Galaxy SIII, now you can set it as your wish and needs. If you enjoy using this feature then keep it on. But, if you find it bothers you, then you can turn it off. So, try this useful tips then share your exprience here through the comment below :)

8 comments:

  1. I dont mind the water drop sound but it really annoys me when im on a call. My ear on the screen causes it to happen and it cant be stopped unless its disabled all together. Why cant Samsung disable it only when on a call.
    Mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark,
      You may want to try to enable speakerphone or use hands free headset while you're on a call, so your ear will not touch the screen.
      By the way, I really like your words, seems you are a very pleasant person :)

      Delete
  2. hi
    I have galaxy grand
    I have option to unable or disable ripple effect
    but that option in a fade color
    i mean if tuch in the option there will be no change
    can u help me plz???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah Mandal,
      Thanks for coming here.
      Due to I don't know much about the Samsung Galaxy Grand, I can't help you lot. But, try to check, did you use live wallpaper on your phone? If so, change the wallpaper to the static one. The live wallpaper usually will turn off ripple effect though if you have enable it before.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. I updated my s3 and now whenever I get a text, a waterdrop sound goes off. I've tried personalizing it to my own sound but then it makes the waterdrop sound AND my personalized sound. I've tried everything I can think of but the one sound will not go away. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer Healy,
      Thanks for coming.
      If you're running with the Android 4.3, you can turn off the lock screen effect by going to Settings> tap My device tab> tap Lock screen> tap Unlock effect> select "None". Or if you wish to keep the ripple effect, but wants to get rid the sound, you can do so by going to Settings> tap My device tab> tap Sound> clear the checkbox next to "Screen lock sound" to disable sound in the lock screen.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
    2. Hi. I appreciate your help, but you didn't understand what I was saying. I meant whenever I get a text, locked screen or not, I get a "Dew drops" notification sound. I tried to change that by going to settings> select ringtone, and picked which one I wanted. Now I get "whistle" plus "Dew drops". I even selected "Silent", hoping it would get rid of if, with no success. I don't want to hear the dew drop, I just want the notification I selected. If you can figure this out, you'd be my hero. Thanks! :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Jennifer Healy,
      Thanks for getting back here.
      And ohh, I'm so sorry for my misunderstanding.
      Well, did you use another third-party Messaging app? If so, set silent the notification in another third-party Messaging app you use on your phone. If not, seems you have accidentally turning on the SMS in Hangouts app. So, try to turn off SMS in Hangouts app by opening Hangouts app> tap the Menu key then select Settings> tap SMS> clear the checkbox next to "Turn on SMS" option to disable SMS in Hangouts app. Once you've done, try to send SMS to your phone and then see whether the problem is still there or not.

      Delete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)