Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Select Phone Network Automatically or Manually

Almost all of the things in your Samsung Galaxy SIII could be done in several ways, such as when you want to turn on or off Wi-Fi on your phone, you can set it automatically connect or manually connect.

See also: How to Turn On or Off Wi-Fi on the Samsung Galaxy S3

The same thing you can do when choosing a network for your mobile phone, you can use two ways available: selecting the network automatically or manually. When you select to automatically, then your phone will automatically select the preferred network, while if you choose manually, you can choose the network on your own. But, choose your network manually could result in lost network connection if you are out of range from the selected network.

Image Credit: dodo.com


How to set automatic network selection?
As written on optus.com.au, to choose network automatically kindly following the steps below:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Settings, then tap on it.
  3. Tap More settings.
  4. Tap Mobile networks.
  5. Tap Network operators.
  6. Tap Select automatically.
  7. Finish. Now your phone will automatically choose the preferred network.

How to do manual network selection?
From the same source, if you want to select your phone network manually, then just following the steps below:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Settings, then tap on it.
  3. Tap More settings.
  4. Tap Mobile networks.
  5. Tap Network operators.
  6. Tap the required network available.
  7. If not, you can tap Search network to scan for available networks, then on network list select the one you want to use.
  8. Finish. Now your phone will use your selected network.

Well, by knowing on how to choose network for your Galaxy SIII, now you can set it according to your needs. All the options have their own advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, use that best suits your needs and conditions. So, try this useful tips then share your experience here through the comment below :)

14 comments:

  1. When I went in more settings I only saw network setting and vpn..so I went to network setting and I only saw mobile data nothin else plz help. ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Radman,
      Thanks for coming.
      Can you please tell me what is your model number and Android version?

      Delete
  2. Os 4.1.2 and its sch-5968c and there's a tracfone logo on the back of my phone...just wodering if that had any problem with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Radman,
      Thanks for getting back here.
      CMIIW, It's a locked phone, isn't it? As far as I know, in a locked phone there are some restrictions. I guess change the phone network isn't allowed in this phone therefore you can't find the option to do so. This will be different if you unlock your phone, you may have more options in your phone.

      Delete
  3. there are two types of networks when we manually chose them , one with 'G' at its start and other with 'W' in its start ! which one is 3g and 2g ? kindly guide me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hasnain Haider,
      Thanks for coming.
      I guess your phone is a GSM-based phone.
      In the GSM-based phone you'll see two types of network: GSM(2G) and WCDMA(3G)

      Delete
  4. Sorry I took so long to reply..its a galaxy s3 tracfone I don't think it can be unlocked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Radman,
      If you're currently in a contract with certain provider, then you can try to ask them to unlock your phone once the contract is over.

      Delete
  5. I'm not sure because my dad got it from a friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad took it to a tech guy but he said it can't be unlocked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Radman,
      Well then at least you still can use your phone with Wi-Fi. I'm so sorry for being unable to help you.

      Delete
  7. Is it possible that it changes back from manual to automatic carrier selection without me changing it? Happens often, and since I live on the border of my country, this costs me a lot. I only want the manual selection of carrier, and I don't want it to change back to automatic selection 'automatically'. Thanks for your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a samsung s3, i lend it to my brother so he changed the sim card, we use the different network,after he put his sim card on it, he can't send and receive messages. Is this something to to with the network setting? Kindly help me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)