Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Setup Samsung Account

Google Play Store is the most popular Android market which is used to get and download Android apps to be installed in your Android phone, including the Samsung Galaxy SIII. Here you can find thousands of usefull apps that can help and facilitate your activities.

See also: How to Download and Install Apps Through Google Play Store on Samsung Galaxy S3

Well, aside from Play Store you can also download apps from the Samsung website, either free or paid version. But, before you can do this you must have a Samsung account first. You can register for the Samsung account through Samsung website or directly on your Galaxy SIII.

Image Credit: samsung.com


How to create Samsung account?
In this steps, we will learn about how to get your Samsung account directly through the phone. As written on androidcentral.com, to do so kindly following the steps below:
  1. Pull down the notification bar from the top of your phone screen.
  2. At the bottom of the notification bar you should see Set up Samsung account option. If you can't find it, tap the Settings icon located on the notification bar.
  3. Scroll to Accounts, then tap on it.
  4. From the list displayed on your phone screen, choose Samsung account.
  5. Now you are in the Samsung account page. Here you can choose Create account option if you do not have a Samsung account, or you can select Sign in to an existing account if you already have one. You can also choose your country here.
  6. Accept the terms and conditions.
  7. Read the privacy policy well then choose Agree.
  8. Fill the form with your detail informations then submit the form.
  9. Now you will be taken to the mailbox to retrieve a verification email. If you have not add an email account, then you will be prompted to do this.
  10. Finish. Now you have managed to create new Samsung account directly through your phone.

By having a Samsung account, you will be able to get some benefits from it, such as downloading apps from Samsung's website, log into SamsungDive.com, etc.. So, try this useful tips then share your experience here through the comment below :)

21 comments:

  1. "Samsung account" is not an option when I tap "Accounts". Why can't I create or log in to my Samsung account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi fshalabs,
      Thanks for coming here.
      Also I'm so sorry if the steps I've mentioned above is not clear for you. Once you tap Account, then tap Add account (+) icon. Here you should see Samsung account in the list.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
    2. I don't see the Samsung Account in that list. What cab I do?

      Delete
    3. Hi KFH,
      Thanks for coming.
      Did you have tried to add account as I've mentioned in my reply right above your comment?

      Delete
    4. Same here. I have two galaxy s2 phones. One i can get samsung account. The other does not have account in the add account list .

      Delete
    5. Hi Jimmy Steene,
      Thanks for coming.
      I'm so sorry to say that I don't know much about Galaxy S2, but I believe that it has some similarities with the Galaxy S3. Well, if your Galaxy S2 has the stock apps provided by Samsung (eg: Samsung Link, Samsung Apps, etc), try to open that app. You'll be prompted to sign in with your Samsung account--if you already have one-- or create new account--if you don't--. In this case, try to create new Samsung account from here.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  2. i tried but I do not receive the verification email

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siyasanga Banjatwa.
      Thanks for coming.
      Please make sure you have entered the correct email address. Another way, you may want to try to create Samsung account through your PC or laptop, once you've finished then you can activate it on your phone (see the step #5 and tap Sign in button to activate an existing Samsung account).
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. When i look on the samsung page after the login , and tab the icon "find my mobile device", it tells me "page not found"?? Waht can I do ? thank you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean-Claude Plets,
      Thanks for coming.
      Try to open samsungdive.com through your PC and then open Track My Mobile menu from there and see whether it helps :)

      Delete
  4. Now that I've set up my samsung account on my galaxy s3, where do I find the shortcut/widget to quickly and easily access the account and adjust the settings (if possible)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shane Hodges,
      Thanks for coming.
      What the Samsung settings do you want to adjust?
      However when you go to Settings> tap "Accounts" tab> tap your Samsung account, from here you can disable or enable sync and change the password of your Samsung account.

      Delete
  5. I'm also curious about battery issues. My galaxy s3 is only two months old. I keep auto sync off along with wifi, bluetooth, all of it. I follow every step on prolonging your battery life span. At first, after a full charge, my battery would last about 4 days with normal use (which is basic non picture texting and maybe a few phone calls and very minimal data usage throughout the work days). Now, I'm lucky if a full battery lasts 2 days with the same normal usage. Any tips, answers, or suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shane Hodges,
      Thanks for coming back here.
      Try to turn on Power saving by swiping down the top of the screen using two fingers and then tap Power saving button to enable it.
      Or, you can try to use an app(e.g: Juice defender) that will let you easily control the radios schedule.
      Anyway, 2 days are still great :)

      Delete
  6. Hello. What is Resident registration number? When i accept the terms i am going to the page which has my Last name First name and the resident registration number. What is that number of my country i am Mongolian. Please tell me the solution of that ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erdemtugs Ganzorig,
      Thanks for coming.
      I've tried to duplicate your issue, but I didn't find the page contained resident registration number when I created a new Samsung account in my phone. If you don't mind, can you please send a me a screenshot of that page? You can send it to rehanp2001@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks for advance. I done it using the other way, sorry for interrupting you

      Delete
  7. Have the s3, deleted my samsung account app, but now I need it. It doesn't show up in add account, or in the play store, what do I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ShelliWelli,
      Thanks for coming.
      Open any Samsung related apps (e.g: Samsung apps, S Health, S Planner, etc). If you have not added a Samsung account in your phone, then you'll be asked either activate your existing Samsung account or add a new one.
      Alternatively, you can add a Samsung account through the Settings menu by using the following steps:
      1. Go to Settings.
      2. Tap "Accounts" tab.
      3. Tap "Add account".
      4. Tap "Samsung account" and then follow the on-screen instruction to complete the account setup.

      Delete
  8. How do i activate my samsung account

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Khaldoun Assad,
      Thanks for coming.
      You can activate a new or existing Samsung account by opening a Samsung-related app, e.g: S health, Galaxy apps, etc.
      Or, you can go to your settings menu> Accounts> Add account> Samsung account and the follow the on-screen instructions to complete configurations.

      Delete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)