See also: How to Move Picture Files From One Folder to Another One with No PC Connection on Samsung Galaxy S3
In addition to move picture files between folder in the internal memory, you can also move picture files from internal memory to external memory. This of course will help you to organize your files and also free up some space on your internal memory.
How to transfer pictures to SD card?
Here are the steps you need to do to move the picture files to your external memory:
- Go to Apps through Home screen.
- Tap My Files.
- Here you will see two folders if you have an SD card installed on your phone. SDCard0 is the internal memory of your phone, while ExtSDCard is the Micro SD Card you placed in the back of your phone.
- Tap on SDCard0.
- Tap on the DCIM folder.
- Tap on the Camera folder. By default, this folder is used by your phone to save the picture taken by the camera.
- Tap the Menu key.
- On pop up menu select Move.
- Now all the picture files in this folder will have checkbox next to them. Tap the required picture files you want to move, or you can tap on Select All at the top to move all picture files.
- Once you've finished select the picture files, tap Move button located on the upper right corner.
- Now you will be taken to the two main folder as you see on the steps #3.
- Tap ExtSDCard.
- Go to the required folder to place the pictures in, or you can create new folder by tapping on Create Folder then entering a folder name.
- Once you have the folder to place the picture, tap Move Here button located on the upper right corner.
- Finish. The selected pictures now will be move to the selected folder.
After you've known on how to move pictures files from internal memory to external memory, now you can move the required file to your external memory in order to organize them into certain folder and also free up your internal memory space. So, try this and share your experience here through the comment below :)