See also: How to Setup Samsung Account on Samsung Galaxy S3
Once you've finished create new Samsung account or if you already have it, now you can add your account then enable remote control option on your phone in order to allow you to find and track your phone's location using Samsung Dive.
How to add Samsung account and activate remote controls?
Before you're able to use Samsung Dive, first of all you need to add your Samsung account and activate remote controls on your phone. To do so follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps through Home screen.
- Scroll to Settings, then tap on it.
- Scroll down and find Security, then tap on it.
- Scroll down and find Remote controls, then tap on it.
- Tap OK button.
- Add your Samsung account by tap + icon next to Add account option.
- Tap Sign In button.
- Type your email address associated with your Samsung account in Email field.
- Tap Next key.
- Type your Samsung account's password in Password field.
- Tap Sign in button.
- Turn on Remote controls option by switch the slider next to this option to the right.
- Tap Use wireless networks to enable it. If the checkbox next to this option is ticked means the option is turned on.
- Tap Home key to return to the standby mode.
How to use Samsung Dive to find and track your phone?
Once you've finished add your Samsung account to your phone and turn on Remote controls, now you can start using Samsung Dive on your PC to track and find your phone. To do so kindly follow the steps below:
- Open web browser by clicking the web browser icon on your desktop.
- In a web browser, go to www.samsungdive.com
- Click Sign In button.
- Click E-mail field then type your email address associated with your Samsung account.
- Click Password field then type your password.
- Click Sign In button.
- Click Track My Mobile option in the left side of the screen.
- Click Find my mobile button.
- Now you should see the current location of your phone displayed on a map.
- Click Start Tracking button to start track location of your phone. This will give you the movement history of your phone every 15 minutes for 12 hours.
By knowing on how to use Samsung Dive to find and track your phone, at least now you already know one of the things you can do when your phone is lost or stolen. But, Whatever the reason, be more careful would be better to secure your phone than any applications. So, hope it helps :)