Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Create and Add Contacts to Group

Samsung Galaxy SIII is a great Android-based smartphone that comes with a bunch of useful features that will allow you to do almost everything with it easily, such as you can add new contact to your phonebook with ease using People apps or directly through Contact apps.

See also: How to add contact on Samsung Galaxy S3

Here you can also add new contact group then add some required contacts into this group with ease. This of course will facilitate you when you want to send them a same message without having to send the message one by one.


How to create and add member to contact group?
Here are the steps you need to do to create new contact group on your Galaxy SIII then add members to it:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Tap Contact.
  3. Tap Groups tab.
  4. Tap the Menu key.
  5. On pop up menu select Create.
  6. Type new group contact's name in group name field.
  7. Tap Done button.
  8. To add contact into this group tap Add member.
  9. Here you will see a list of your contact. Tick the checkbox next to the required contact you wish to add into this group.
  10. Tap Done button located on the upper right corner when you've finished add contact.
  11. Tap Save button located on the upper right corner to save your changes.
  12. Tap Home button to return to the standby mode.
  13. Finish. Now you have managed to create new contact group on your phone and add required contact into this group.

By knowing on how to create new contact group on your Galaxy SIII and add member into it, now you can organize and group your contacts into a certain group in accordance with your wishes. So, try this and share your experience here through the comment below :)

9 comments:

  1. can I change the FRom on my galaxy s3 from my personal name to my business name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Idahojones,
      Thanks for coming.
      And, I'm so sorry to say that I can't understand with your question. So, if you don't mind, can you please re-submit your question with clearer information?

      Delete
  2. I am trying to add a certain contact to my group, but it wont show up when I search for it after clicking the add contacts button. However when i search for that contact under "contacts," it comes up. Please help me figure this out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salma Saif,
      Thanks for coming and I'm so sorry for late answer.
      Try to delete the contact and then add it again (save it to the Device) and then try again to add it to the group. See whether it helps :)

      Delete
  3. When I try to add someone to any group my contacts app crashes and sends me back to my home screen. Please someone help me. I need to add emergency numbers group asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi War Hawk,
      Thanks for coming.
      There are some things that can cause the Contacts app crashes:
      1. There's a contacts-related app that is disabled
      Check this by going to Settings> tap "More" tab> tap "Application manager"> swipe the screen to the right until you see the "All" tab> scroll to the very bottom and see whether there's a contacts-related app that is labelled as disabled, if any, tap the app and then tap "Enable" button.

      2. Clear Contacts app cache and data
      If the #1 didn't work, you can try to clear the contacts app cache and data. It won't erase any contact, it just repopulates your contacts, but if you're worry you can backup your contacts first before doing this steps. To clear cache and data, go to Settings> tap "More" tab> tap "Application manager"> swipe the screen to the right until you see the "All" tab> scroll down to find "Contacts" and then tap it> tap "Clear cache" button and then tap "Clear data button". Once done, restart the phone.

      3. Reset app preferences
      If the #1 and #2 didn't work, try to reset app preferences by going to Settings> tap "More" tab> tap "Application manager'> under the Downloaded tab, tap the Menu key and then select "Reset app preferences". Once done, restart the phone.

      4. Change the date time format
      It may sound like weird and has no relation solution, but in certain case, change the date time format can fix Phone app/Contacts app crashes issue. You can do so by going to Settings> tap "More" tab> tap "Date and time"> change the date time format to something else.

      Finally, let me know if one of these things works.
      Hope it helps :)

      Delete
  4. None of my contacts are showing up when I try to add to a group. I have all my contacts saved to my sim and I'm not changing that cause that would be ridiculous. I take it that means I can't make a group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brianne Haddow,
      Thanks for coming.
      Sadly to say that you can't add those saved in the SIM card to a group contact. If you want to add a contact to a group, the contact has to be saved in the device memory, Google account or Samsung account.

      Delete
  5. Unfortunately I have just bought a Samsung galaxy a3 and was trying to set up a group contact folder with mobile nos. I have saved all nos onto SIM as I have lost them in the past when switching phones. Its a shame that mobile nos cannot be saved as group for texting purposes!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)