See also: How to Turn On or Off PIN on Samsung Galaxy S3
Turn your PIN on also can help you to prevent your phone from unauthorised access. And for the security reason you may want to change your PIN periodically from its current PIN number to the new PIN that you wish to use.
How to change SIM PIN code?
You can change your 4 digit PIN with ease by following the steps below:
- Go to Apps through Home screen.
- Scroll to Settings, then tap on it.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Set up SIM card lock.
- Tap Change SIM PIN.
- Here you will be prompted to enter your current PIN. If this is the first time for you to change your PIN, the default PIN is 0000. Tap OK button.
- Enter your new 4 digit PIN, then tap OK button.
- Enter your new 4 digit PIN again to confirm your new PIN, then tap OK button.
- Finish. Now your PIN has been successfully changed.
Well, although the steps to change the PIN is easy, but you should be careful when you entering your PIN. When you entering the wrong PIN three times in a row then your SIM will be blocked and you need to enter your PUK to unblock it. And for the record, if you entering the wrong PUK ten times in a row then your SIM will be blocked permanently or in other words your SIM will no longer can be used and you need to buy the new ones. So, hope it helps :)