Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Turn On or Off Automatic Time Zone

In Samsung Galaxy SIII you can set the date and time manually to adjust it according to the date and time at your current location, or you can leave it by default to automatically set by the network that you're currently using.

See also: How to Set Date and Time Automatically or Manually in Samsung Galaxy S3

Another option available on the Date and time page is Automatic time zone. Enabling this option will make your phone to use network-provided time zone, while disable it will allow you to set the time zone manually.


How to enable or disable Automatic time zone?
If you want to set time zone automatically or not, then below are the steps to do:
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. On System section, tap Date and time.
  3. Depending on your current settings, tap Automatic time zone to enable or disable this option. When the checkbox next to this option is ticked means the option is turned on.
  4. Tap Home button to return to the standby mode.

When you go to abroad, you may pass through the country with the different time zone. By enabling automatic time zone option in your phone, now you no need to change it manually due to the network will adjusting the time zone according to your current location and provide it on your phone. So, did you enable or disable this option on your phone?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this quick guide.
    but this didn't work for me on my galaxy S3 with the latest update it's android 4.1.2.

    I wait for two "daylight time saving" cycles to see if this options working, but sadly the daylight time saving still working and the time continue changing automatically every cycle.
    And why the time changing without any notifications?
    I prefer to change the time by my self when I it's suitable for me to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tareq,
      Thanks for coming.
      I'm so sorry if this not works for you.
      Did you tried to also disable Automatic date and time option in order to set the date and time manually?

      Delete
    2. Yes, of course I did that, also I checked around for more options related to this issue but I found nothing.

      Is there any way to force stopping this things happening to my time, I don't no what to do.

      In the worst case maybe showing some notification when the time changed can help me and better than nothing.

      Thank you again Rehan for your quick response.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Dear Rehan,
      Thanks for your efforts, I think samsung or google android should do some things to fix this issue or add a capabilty to show notification every time the time changing automatically.
      Thanks a lot again.

      Delete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)