Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Reinstall Applications

The Samsung Galaxy SIII users might have several reasons that lead them to uninstall one or more apps in their phone, such as their phone have the low storage issue, the apps not work properly, the apps start giving some problems, etc.

See also: How to Uninstall Applications on Samsung Galaxy S3

But, in certain case and reason, you might also want to reinstall the apps you ever installed before on your phone. Luckily, if you previously install the apps through the Play store, then you will be able to see the list of the apps you've ever downloaded from there, either installed or removed apps.


How to reinstall apps through the Play Store?
To do so kindly follow the steps listed below:
  1. Go to Apps through the Home screen.
  2. Scroll to Play Store, then tap it.
  3. Tap the Menu key then select My apps.
  4. Swipe the screen to the left to display ALL applications.
  5. Here you'll see a list of installed and previously downloaded apps.
  6. Tap the desired app you wish to reinstall.
  7. Tap the Install button to start installation.
  8. Read carefully on the app permissions, then tap ACCEPT button.
  9. Once the installation is completed, tap the OPEN button to launch the app.
  10. Now you're ready to use the app.

Well, by knowing how to utilize my app options to reinstall apps, now you can easily reinstall the apps which is previously downloaded through the Google Play Store. So, hope this helps :)

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou! My daughter accidentally uninstalled her favourite game, and I've been trying to find it again... this solved my problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey,
      Thanks for coming here.
      I'm so happy to know that this post has helped you :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Rehan!
    I did successfully first 2 steps, but the Play Store is leading me to Google Play, where there is only one menu option - Search Google Play. Its working on line, there is no My apps button. My problem is Contacts. I have the icon of Contacts, but i m not able to use them. I m getting a message "Updating contact list", but its not giving any results. If I go to Application Manager through Settings I do not see Contacts app.

    I d appreciate your help.

    Many thanks in advance
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tatjana Torkel,
      Thanks for coming.
      FYI, the steps above is written based on Galaxy S3 with Android 4.0 ICS. Thus, I assume that your S3 is now running with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or even Android 4.4 Kitkat.
      After reading your comment, I find that you have two questions inside it:

      Question #1: Can't find "My Apps" menu in the Play Store
      Try the following steps to find My apps menu in your phone:
      1. Open Play Store app.
      2. Tap Three horizontal lines icon at the top left corner of the screen to open up the Play Store menus.
      3. Tap "My apps".
      4. Tap "ALL" tab. From here, you can select which app you want to reinstall.

      Question #2: Can't find Contacts app in App manager menu
      If Contacts app is not listed in the "All" tab in the app manager menu, this app may has been disabled. You can use the following steps to enable all disabled apps:
      1. Open "Application manager" menu in the settings menu.
      2. While you're in the Downloaded tab, tap the Menu key and then select "Reset app preferences".
      3. Tap "Reset apps" button.
      4. Once done, restart your phone.
      5. When your phone is on, try to find Contacts app in the Apps.

      Delete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)