Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Add Multiple Google Account via Gmail Apps

Google Play Store is the official market for Android phone, including Samsung Galaxy SIII. In order to make you be able to download and install apps from Google Play Store or accessing another Google services, such as Youtube, Google+ , etc, then first you need to create new Gmail account or activate an existing Gmail account into your phone.

See also: How to Activate a Google Account on Samsung Galaxy S3

As with another email account, this phone also allows you to add another Gmail account. These accounts will be sync with the web based Gmail and everything you do in the phone will be reflected in there.


How to add another Gmail account?
Below are the steps to do so:
  1. Open Gmail apps.
  2. Tap the Menu key then select Settings.
  3. Tap Add account button at the top right corner.
  4. Now you'll see two options available on the pop up menu, they are:
    • Existing: tap this option to activate another existing Gmail account.
    • New: tap this option to create another new Gmail account.
  5. Tap the required option you wish to use then follow the on screen instructions.
  6. Once you've done the steps, the new Gmail account will be added, activated and ready to use.
  7. Tap the email address at top of the screen to switch between these Gmail accounts then select the required Gmail account you wish to check.

For the record, you can use the second or so Gmail accounts to access and use another Google services, for instance you can change the Gmail account you wish to use on the settings page of the Play Store or Youtube. So, hope this helps :)

12 comments:

  1. I just got the Samsung Galaxy S4 and there is no option on the gmail app like I had with my previous android to add another email account. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ChankMcGeees,
      Thanks for coming.
      I suspect that it's related with the Gmail version. Other ways, you can also add your another Gmail account through the Settings> tap the Account tab> tap Add account> tap Google> tap Existing> enter your Gmail username and password then tap OK button.
      Once you done the step, open Gmail app. Here you should be able to switch between the existing Gmail account.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  2. There is no "add account" option in my settings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ava Daniels,
      Thanks for coming.
      As I've said in my reply right above you, I suspect it's related with the Gmail version. So, you can the try to add new account through the Settings> Account and sync> tap Add account> tap Google and then follow the on-screen prompts to enter your username and password and set up the account.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. I found you whilst looking to work out how to set 3 Gmail accounts up on my Galaxy III... Your post kind of helped me change tack... I can't find how to add more than my existing 2 gmail accounts to "Gmail" app, but I have never used my "Email" app.... I have found that by using my Email App, I can link as many email accounts (I think) as I like, and at first glance it would appear I might have a better layout in composing, but I haven't used it yet!
    Thanks for your help, and I hope my comments help someone else? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawnie.W.,
      Thanks for coming and share your useful experience here :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you! This was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KAD,
      Thanks for coming.
      I'm so glad to know that this post was useful for you :)

      Delete
  5. Hello, I tried both ways listed above on a Galaxy S3 and there is never an option to add an account. Is there a third way to do this? I've checked on Google Play and my Gmail app is up to date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael Hodge,
      Thanks for coming.
      Sadly to say that the latest version of the Play Store and Gmail app no longer have the option to add a new Google account(I myself forgot to write what the version of Gmail app is when I wrote this post, I'm so sorry). However, you can add another Google account through the settings menu. Here are the steps:
      1. Go to Settings.
      2. Tap Accounts tab.
      3. Tap "Add account".
      4. Tap "Google".
      5. Select "Existing" if you want to add another existing Google account or select "New" to create a new Google account.
      6. Follow the on screen instruction to complete setup.

      Hope it helps :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, this is what I needed!

      Delete
    3. Hi John,
      Thanks for coming.
      I'm so happy to know that you can get something useful here :)

      Delete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)