Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Show Dual Clock of Different Cities on Home Screen

While you customizing your Samsung Galaxy SIII lock screen, then you can find an option which will allow you to show dual clock when you're on abroad. This of course will helps you to know the time on your Home and your current location.

See also: How to Enable or Disable Dual Clock on Samsung Galaxy S3 Lock Screen

As in the lock screen, you can also displaying dual clock on your Home screen by adding world/dual clock widget to your Home screen.


How to add dual clock widget to the Home screen?
To display time of two different locations, then kindly follow the steps listed below:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Tap Widget tab.
  3. Swipe the screen to the right or to the left to find the Dual clock widgets. There are two dual clock widgets available, analog and digital. You can choose the one that you like best.
  4. Tap and hold the dual clock widget then drag it to the Home screen.
  5. Release to placed it.
  6. Tap the first clock to select the city.
  7. Now tap the second clock to add the city, you can use the search box to find the required city.
  8. Finish. Now you have managed to show times of two different cities on your Home screen.

This widget basically has the same function with the dual clock on your lock screen to show time of two different locations, but the difference is if you use this widget you don't have to go abroad to see the dual clock and you can manually choose which the city you like to show the time.

4 comments:

  1. Hi guys I just upgraded my phone from the Galaxy Note I to the III & I see that they have now done away with dual analogue feature!

    I've tried finding that app/widget on both Samsung & Google's stores to no avail....unless I haven't searched wisely I can't find it & to tell you the truth the apps with dual clocks are rubbish!!

    Any ideas on getting this feature as I also want to put it on my wifes S4 which also doesn't have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony Grainger,
      Thanks for coming.
      I'm so sorry to say that I don't know with the Galaxy Note III, but I can confirm that the dual clock (digital) widget is available in my GT-I9500 with Android 4.3. Simply by long tapping in the Home screen> select "Apps and widgets"> tap Widgets tab> find the Dual Clock (Digital) 2x2 widget> tap and hold the widget and then drag it to the Home screen, release to placed it> Usually the first clock will display your current location, so you can tap the second clock to display the second location.

      Delete
    2. I have the same problem as Tony in that I want a dual clock, but I want it to be analog, not digital. There is a digital one on my galaxy s4, but I don't like it. I also can't find a simple dual analogue clock. Has any one had any success? (Not happy with Samsung/android at all that we only have the digital clock option. I need analogue). If any one has found a good one, would love to know!

      Delete
    3. Hi BlueMythril,
      Thanks for coming.
      Well, you're right. The dual clock (analog) is not available in the default widgets list. If you don't mind, you can install third-party dual clock analog from the Play Store, e.g: WorkClock Widget.
      Once you've finished installing the widget, you can find this widget in your widget list and then add it to your home screen.

      Delete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)