Well, if you're one of them, while you use iPhone as your device, you might have been familiar to use iCloud to backup your data, including your iPhone contacts. The good news, you can easily transfer your iPhone contacts that you already backup to iCloud to your Samsung Galaxy SIII .
How to transfer iPhone contacts from iCloud to your Samsung Galaxy S3?
First you need to export your iPhone contact as .vrf file then import this file into your Gmail contacts followed by syncing them with your phone. Well, here are the steps to do so:
On your PC or laptop
- Launch web browser by clicking the Browser icon on the desktop or access it through Start button then All program.
- On the browser address bar type icloud.com to navigate to iCloud and then sign in using your Apple ID.
- Select Contacts.
- Click the Settings (cogwheel) icon located at the bottom left corner.
- On the pop up menu select the Select All option.
- Click the Settings (cogwheel) icon again and then on the pop up menu select Export to export contacts into a .vrf file.
- Sign out from icloud.com
- Now, in the browser address bar type gmail.com to navigate to Gmail and then sign in using your Google account associated with your device.
- On your Gmail, click Contacts.
- Click More.
- In the drop down menu select Import.
- Click Choose File to select the .vrf file that you've just exported from iCloud.
- Click the Import button.
- Finish. Now, the .vrf file has been imported into your Gmail contacts.
- Sign out from gmail.com
On your Samsung Galaxy S3
Follow the steps listed below to sync your Gmail contacts with your phone:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Accounts and sync.
- Tap your Google account.
- Here you can choose what would you like to sync by ticking the checkbox next to the option or you can tick all the options displayed on your screen, then tap Sync now button to synchronize the contacts.
- Finish. Now your imported iPhone contacts has been synced with your Galaxy SIII.
- If you have not activated your Google account on your phone, then you need to activate it first to allow your phone to sync your Gmail contacts with your phone.
See also: How to Activate Google Account on Samsung Galaxy S3
Well, after knowing the steps as mentioned above, now you can easily import your saved iPhone contacts in iCloud to your shiny Samsung Galaxy SIII. So, hope this helps :)