How to change the message tone?
As the example, we'll do so by using two different methods: from the Messages app and from the Contacts app.
Method #1: From the Messages app
You can use the following steps to change the notification sound when receiving text messages from all contacts except those who have been assigned to the different message tone:
- Open the Messages app.
- Tap More at the top right and then select Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
If Notifications is off, tap the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Tap Notification sound.
- Select the required sound you want to use.
- The selected tone has been set as the message tone.
Method #2: From the Contacts app
You can use the following steps to assign the different tone for a specific contact so your phone will play the selected sound when receiving text messages from the selected contact:
- Open the Contacts app.
- Tap the required contact whose message tone you want to change.
- Tap Edit to edit the selected contact.
- Tap More to access more options available of the selected contact.
- Scroll the screen to the very bottom and then select Message tone.
- Select the required sound you want to assign for the selected contact.
- Tap the Back key to return to the previous screen.
- Tap Save button to save the changes.
- The selected sound has been set as the message tone for the selected contact.