Samsung Galaxy S4: How to Backup Memos to SD Card in S Memo App in Android 5.0.1 Lollipop

If you often use S Memo app to write down some important information, backup your memos periodically is a thing that you can consider to do. This can help you retrieve your memos if you have accidentally lost them. When you have inserted a micro SD card into your Samsung Galaxy S4, you can utilize the backup option within S Memo app to backup your memos as .snbkp file to your SD card.


How to backup memos to SD card in S Memo app?
You can do so by using the following steps:
  1. Open S Memo app.
  2. Tap the Menu key to open up the S Memo menus.
  3. Scroll the menus to the very bottom and then tap Backup and restore.
  4. Tap Backup to memory card.
  5. A pop up window will appear to tell you some information about your backup file. Tap OK button to continue.
  6. You'll be asked whether you want to share your backup file. Feel free to tap Cancel button to skip this step.
  7. Your memos have been successfully backed up as .snbkp file to the SMemoExports folder in your SD card.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, have created the file .snbkp file with all my notes. If I place the sd card into my PC I can open the file with 7zip or winrar. All the files seems to be there, but If I want to open one of them... it ask me for a password !!! Any of my notes are locked, and I never put a password when created the file, so.. what password was used to protect the backup files??? What If I place the SD CARD INTO ANOTHER PHone in order to restore???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm face the same problem. My S4 has broken and I have a backup of my memos in .snbkp file. As Abel told, I can open it on a WinRar or Winzip and I've been asked for a password. So could someone help us? Witch password is that? Or, not having another Galaxy in place, how can I open this .snbpk file?
    Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had had my memo from my old phone saved to my drop box with notes that date back to 2013, I want those files back so bad. If anyone can find a fix to this password stuff...please let me know, email: Lenzel.617@gmai.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)